Malta has temples that pre-date the pyramids at Giza and Stonehenge, some of the clearest waters in the world, and boasts a capital city that is a baroque masterpiece. Like Croatia of 20 years ago, Malta has just now become a newly discovered travel destination for the cultural enthusiast and not as a second thought. The Maltese Islands, although small in size, offers travelers a rare opportunity to see a well preserved history and exciting present day culture.
Join Go Eat Give on its inaugural tour to the Mediterranean island of Malta, accompanied by Go Eat Give founder and award-winning travel writer, Sucheta Rawal. On this trip, you will get a chance to meet locals, have village feasts, relax on the beach and stay at a UNESCO World Heritage city!
- Sail in traditional Maltese boat (Dghajsa) around the Grand Harbor like many nobility have before!
- Take a tour of the stunning St. John's Co-Cathedral, created by the Knights of St. John.
- Participate in a patron village festival with elaborate displays, lighting, fireworks, music, and party with the locals.
- Visit the Old Capital City of Mdina, where Game of Thrones was filmed.
- Travel by boat & tuk-tuk to the island of Gozo.
- Have lunch at a family-run farm & taste fresh olive oil, cheese & wine.
- Take a cooking class with Pippa Mattei, celebrity cook, food writer and teacher, in her Maltese kitchen.
- Wine tasting at Tal-Massar vineyards.
- Taste Maltese classic dishes at local restaurants serving ftira, pizzas, qassatat and bread.
- Get behind the scenes look at the history of falconry on the islands.
- Enjoy a private boat ride through the Blue Grotto.
- Step back some 5500 years with a visit to the Hagar Qim and Mnajdra Temple sites.
- Volunteer with Dream of Horses Farm.
Dates: June 13-20, 2020
Price: $3,650 based on double occupancy
For single, add $800
Non-refundable deposit of $250 required for reservation
Full payment due 60 days before departure
• Airport Transfers
• 5 nights accommodations in a 4-star Malta hotel and 2 nights in Gozo hotel
• 7 breakfasts, 4 lunches and 3 dinners
• Expert guiding and private car service included on touring days
• Entrance to attractions and experiences indicated on the itinerary
• International airfare to Malta
• Activities & meals not mentioned in itinerary
Contact Go Eat Give firstname.lastname@example.org, 678-744-8306 for more information. Register online through the tickets link or https://goeatgive.com/trips/malta/